Blogmosaic in Retrospect: Ten Standout Posts from 2010
Raciest IPO: In IPO Unplugged, we covered the initial public offering of Audience Productions, Inc., submitted in October 2009 to raise production funds for a feature film to be called “Lydia Slotnick Unplugged.” Check out highlights from the screenplay (or read it in its entirety—it is included as one of the filing’s exhibits!)
- Best/Worst Pun: Chile today, hot tamale? looks at an offering from the Republic of Chile: $3 billion in non-convertible debt.
- Most-discussed Octopus: Paul the Psychic Octopus. He broke onto the scene in Paul the Octopus Tentaculates LeBron James; was tragically news-worthy in Paul is Dead; and defended his legacy in Panda-monium! (which incidentally comes in a close second for Worst Pun).
- Friskiest Law Firm Memo: Love Among the Cubicles highlights a memo issued by attorneys at Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP that discusses workplace romance. References to NBC’s long-running show, The Office, help illustrate this post’s thesis.
- Most Opulent Subject Matter: (Gross) Point Blank examines a former CEO’s transgressions, which include spending company money on pornography for his son, plastic surgery for his wife, and a $100,000 American-flag belt buckle encrusted with rubies, sapphires, and diamonds.
- Most Idioms: Idaho Company in Hot Water for Cooked Books. Though the title is charming, this blog post outlines a complaint filed by the SEC against Boise-based PCS Edventures!.com.
- Most Self-aware: A Streak Ends makes tribute to the 84 consecutive business days that saw a new post added to this blog.
- Least Verbose: blogging knowledgemosaic. Recall our humble beginnings.
- Most Verbose: Peter Schwartz on the Knowledge Mosaic Vision. Regard our gallant aspirations.
- Best Knowledge Mosaic-driven Humor: Eight Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Budget-Conscious. Though the holidays are coming to a close, it’s never too late to pull from this list for someone you love.